Well, it is Father's Day and I just finished a delicious Father's Day breakfast prepared by Mom. I am looking forward to a Father's Day dinner this afternoon consisting of Mealoaf, baked potatoes and a root beer float. It doesn't get any better than that.
Well, actually, it does. Being a father is a great, eternal experience. I was present when each of you were born. You each were given an infant blessing and were each baptized and confirmed by me. My four sons were ordained to the priesthood by me and Scott and Jared were set apart as missionaries by me, all through the priesthood of God that I recieved from the hands of my father. I love each of you and enjoy being your father.
Yes, being a father is a rich, eternal blessing and responsibility. I pray that Brian, Scott and Jared will also be fathers one day- hopefully soon. (also Allison a mother)
My only Father's Day advice is the same as
Lehi's counsel to his sons. If we keep God's commandments, we will prosper. If we do not, we have no promise.
May we each again commit ourselves to keeping the commandments.
With love on Father's Day, Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
happy fathers day dad1
Post a Comment