Saturday, March 1, 2008

Grand Canyon Adventure

We have our reservations! It took 2 1/2 hours on the phone of constant calling on the home and cell phone, but the cell phone finally got through. We have reservaions at Phantom Ranch in the bottom of the Canyon for lodging and meals on Friday, March 20, 2009! We will need to leave Mesa on Thursday March 19 to arrive at the canyon before 5 pm for the mule riders to check in. So you will need to get off work on Thursday and Friday. We will drive home on Saturday when we are all up out of the canyon. I am really excited about this trip. I never dreamed that I would ever get see the Grand Canyon since I couldn't hike down. I am also excited that Jared is going to fly over to go with us.
We will need to get a room at the top of the Canyon for Thursday night. They are about $104 for a room with 2 dbl or qu beds. You can decide if you want to pay for your own room or share rooms. Least expensive would be to have 4 in one and 5 in the other with a roll away. We can talk about all our plans soon. Happy Trails to all! Love, Mom and Dad

1 comment:

amy said...

Me, Ben and Jarom are very excited to go! Thanks mom for planning and calling this morning. Do I need start training now to ride a mule?