Imagine a place where you can go for peace and quiet, reflection and inspiration, and rejuvenation and divine direction. This description best describes the Temple.
In February, Mom and I accepted calls to serve as Temple workers. As everyone knows, we have both previously enjoyed many different church assignments. We respected each as a calling from Heavenly Father to serve in His Kingdom here on Earth. We enjoyed them all and have received wonderful personal and family blessings from our service.
But, this most recent opportunity to serve is the best. What a blessing it is to enter the Temple of God each week and serve others while feeling Heavenly Father's love for us. As we participate in the Temple ordinances, thoughts of each member of our family enter our hearts and our minds. We are reminded that because Mom and I were sealed together for time and eternity on October 20, 1973, we are all bound enternally together. Each of our children were "born in the convenant" which brings eternal bonds much stronger and enduring than our regular Sunday dinners. The neat thing is that not only do we like and love each other, we can be together eternally.
We encourage all our family to visit the Temple often and feel the spirit that we feel each week. We would love to babysit your children any time you attend the Temple. Love, Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I appreciated your comments.
Wow, thanks, we will have to take you up on the offer to baby-sitting for temple trips offer. Amy and I were thinking of going to the Nauvoo Temple. :)
Thanks, Dad! Of course we wish we could go more often. Whenever I am at the temple, I feel like I don't want to leave. What a blessing to be able to work there every week!
The feelings that we belong to an eternal family are especially strong there. When life is difficult I remember that Heavenly Father blessed me with an eternal family and that keeps me going.
Ben: Of course we will watch your clildren on your Temple trip to Nauvoo, or San Diego, or Snowflake, or ????. Just let us know! Dad and Mom
Post a Comment